Education and Teaching Experience
· I have been 25 years in education, teaching at a primary school, private language schools and a secondary grammar school, Matyas Lerch Grammar school in Brno in the Czech Republic.
· I studied at the University of Ostrava, Faculty of Arts, Master study programme: English language and Teaching senior grades of elementary school.
· I also studied at Masaryk University in Brno, Teacher Training College, qualification: the English language and literature for secondary schools.
Experience of English Cultures
· I lived in the UK for 5 years(London, Brighton area)
· I was working at Camp America Summer Programme near Chicago for 2 months and then travelled around the USA for another 2 months visiting 24 states of the USA.
· I was a leader of a scout group.
· I volunteered at Swiss Gardens primary school in Shoreham-by-Sea for 2 years.
· I worked as a tour guide in Scotland and London (for a Czech travel agency, during summer holidays only)
· I have been with SOL for 10years. For more insight please visit 'Meet Karla Mikešová our Czech Coordinator'.