Open Courses run in the summer and in late October with fixed dates and prices.
These courses are for groups which cannot fill a coach on their own and come by air or public coach in order to combine together in our centres.
The price is fixed regardless of the number of students.
The free teacher ratio is 1:8 (but can even be less than 8 if you have a small group – so please ask as we exist as much for teachers as for students!)
10-day (9 nights) courses: £560 per student
8-day (7 nights) courses: £480 per student
7-day (6 nights) courses: £440
These courses are for smaller groups which come by air or public coach and combine together in our centres. The price is independent of the number of your students but the free teacher ratio is 1:8 (can be less if <8 students!)
The price includes:
- The prices include direct transfer between London airports, Victoria or hostel and Devon based on our normal 18.30 arrival in Devon and 06.30 departure from Devon. It does not include additional arrangements outside of these direct journeys although we will always endeavour to assist where we can. This may require patience on arrival day as we seek to make the best arrangements for meeting everyone as pick up and dropping times are subject to the different flight arrangements of each group. On departure day booking a late flight may require planning your own transport within London to reach your airport.
- Arrival and departure times need to be within the windows indicated below – this is very important. Other than for unforeseen delays groups will have to cover the cost of any additional transport required if arrivals and departures are planned to fall outside these times.
- Direct transfers between North Devon and Heathrow Airport within permitted times. (Please also note there are NO night arrivals or departures – Devon is 4-5 hours from London).
- Flights in to London on arrival day must be before 14.30 Heathrow (13.00 Luton, Gatwick. 12.00 Stansted).
- Return flights must be booked after 14.30 (13.00 Heathrow) unless arrangements are made to stay in London.
- All arrivals in Devon are between 18.30 and 20.30, all departures at 6.30am.
- Devon family accommodation with full board.
- A full daily programme.
- All admission charges in Devon.
SOL will determine the pick-up and drop off timings involved which are subject to the different flight arrangements of each participating group.
Stonehenge is not possible on Open Course.
Hostel and London Attraction Booking
- Booking groups (pre-paid) into London attractions or hostels in advance: £20.
- Attractions booked in the office after arrival: £25
- A charge of £4 per night extra for any adult participant
- Full-time non-employed University students (under 25) pay student prices.
Please note: we are unable to cater for diets that are non-medical requirements.
Printable 2018 2018 Programmes-for-students and Prices
Price list: 2018 prices